Pages

Tuesday 21 April 2020

Mug cake


WALT: identify the difference between a chemical and a physical reaction 

 During the lockdown on online learning my task for topic I chose was make a mug cake, so my mum and I started we were excited to make it so mum told me the ingredients and I searched for them. WHen I got the ingredients we started and as we started making the mug cake we were thinking of ideas we could do with the mug cake I said we could do it on mothers day mum agreed. When we were finished mixing the two bowls of wet and dry ingredients we poured it into the mug and we put the mug in the microwave. When the microwave started beeping we took the mug out and this is what it turned out to be.

 So I'm going to explain to you whats the difference between a chemical and a physcal reaction, so a physical reactions is like what you see and feel like say that someone punched you thats a physical because you watched it and you felt it. But a chemical reaction is different say if you put water and oil together then you can the oil rises to the top and the water drops to the bottom because the water is heavier than oil so thats a chemical reaction. So my mug cake was a physical and chemical because I had to physically mix it for the ingredients to combine to make the batter, so the batter in my opinion is the chemical reaction from mixing the ingredients together.

 Thank you for taking your time and looking at my blog hope you stay safe and kia kaha.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Micah
    I really liked reading about your experiment you explained it very well. It is great when you have fun learning at the same time. Did you put any toppings on yours? Keep up the good work.
    Miss Rader

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Micah,
    I enjoyed reading your procedure for your experiment.You described it clearly. Next time include the ingredients you used.The mixing of the ingredients and cooking in the microwave resulted in a chemical change.Hope mum likes it on Mothers day.Keep up the blogging.
    Trish Wakefield


    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Micah.
    I liked your blog. Mug cakes are great. Good explanation of your experiment. Have you tried making any more and changing the flavours?
    Thanks for sharing.
    Mrs Bowman

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.